First Pitch iOS
MiLB First Pitch is the official mobile app of Minor League Baseball and its 120 clubs, from Triple-A to Single-A. Watch more than 7,000 games live or on-demand by purchasing a subscription through First Pitch. Follow the action with Gameday as well as complete stats, schedules, standings and the latest news for every club. First Pitch is the premier app to follow the top Major League prospects.
Supported Apple Devices for MiLB First Pitch must be running iOS version 14.0 or greater.
MiLB First Pitch is available as a free download from the Apple App Store. With MiLB First Pitch, you can follow Gameday real-time pitch tracking, box scores, play-by-play and stats. You can filter data by all four classes and set favorite team(s) for quick access to team scores, tickets, schedules, news, standings, rosters, player stats and team websites.
New in 2023: MiLB.TV is now part of MLB At Bat. Fans can now purchase an At Bat subscription in-app via First Pitch and can also purchase at MiLB.TV. At Bat subscribers will be able to watch 7,000 Minor League games live or on-demand, some of which are subject to blackouts. Upon logging in with their MiLB.com account on First Pitch, At Bat subscribers will also receive a redemption code for access to MLB video and audio features on MLB.TV, in the MLB app or on connected devices.
APPLE ITUNES IN-APP PURCHASE AND CANCELLATION INFORMATION
If you have purchased an At Bat subscription directly through First Pitch's in-app purchase from Apple iTunes (not directly from the MiLB.com website), please review the information below.
If you have completed your purchase through the MiLB.com website, please see the section "MiLB.com Website Purchase and Cancellation Information" section.
Purchasing an Apple iTunes Subscription
In-app purchases are purchased from and billed by Apple iTunes, not MiLB.com. These purchases are subject to the terms and conditions of Apple iTunes. Payment will be charged to the user's iTunes account when the purchase is confirmed. All billing and refund inquiries must be directed to Apple iTunes. MiLB.com does not have access to Apple iTunes accounts or transactions. If you wish to confirm the type of subscription that has been purchased from Apple iTunes, please consult your Apple iTunes account or receipt as each subscription will have a unique billing name.
The At Bat yearly purchase (billed as "At Bat Yearly") is valid for one year and will be re-billed every year by Apple iTunes until canceled by the user at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. Apple iTunes will send an email well in advance of renewal containing a hyperlink to manage the subscription. Apple iTunes subscriptions can be managed from a mobile device or computer that uses the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. MiLB.com cannot manage Apple iTunes subscriptions. Apple iTunes cancellation steps are listed below for your convenience.
The At Bat monthly purchase (billed as "At Bat Monthly") is valid for 30 days and will be re-billed every 30 days year-round by Apple iTunes until canceled by the user at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. Apple iTunes will send a monthly email well in advance of renewal containing a hyperlink to manage the subscription. Apple iTunes subscriptions can be managed from a mobile device or computer that uses the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. MiLB.com cannot manage Apple iTunes subscriptions. Apple iTunes cancellation steps are listed below for your convenience.
If a free trial period is offered, any unused portion of it will be forfeited when the user purchases an At Bat subscription. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period. More information on managing At Bat subscriptions purchased through in-app purchase (including auto-renewal and restoring purchases) is located below. Subscriptions may be managed by the user, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's account settings after purchase.
Accessing your Apple iTunes In-App Purchase on other Supported Devices
A major benefit of connecting your Apple iTunes purchase to a MiLB.com account is being able to access the purchase across your compatible Apple mobile devices. Upon linking your MiLB.com account, you will also receive a redemption code for access to MLB video and audio features on MLB.TV, in the MLB app or on connected devices. In addition, connecting a purchase to a MiLB.com account allows Customer Service to better assist you with inquiries and troubleshooting.
You will have an opportunity to connect your purchase to a MiLB.com account after making the purchase, or it can be completed at a later time. You can only connect an Apple iTunes purchase to one MiLB.com account. If you connect the purchase to a second MiLB.com account, the first account will lose all entitlements.
- Open your First Pitch application
- Tap on the "More" tab
- Tap on "Settings" in the upper right
- Tap on "Log in to MiLB.com Account" and log in with existing MiLB.com credentials or "Create a MiLB Account" to register for a new account.
Restoring a previous Apple iTunes purchase
Subscribers who have made an in-app purchase through Apple iTunes on a mobile device will use the Restore button on the paywall, for example, when re-installing the application on an existing Apple or new Apple device. A restore can only be completed on devices which share the same Apple ID as the initial purchase. Prior to attempting to restore an Apple iTunes purchase, please go to the First Pitch "Settings > Log in to MiLB.com Account" section and ensure that you are logged out.
Cancelling an Apple iTunes Monthly Subscription
On your iPhone
On the Home screen, tap Settings.
Tap your Apple ID. You might need to sign in.
Tap Subscriptions. If you don't see a subscription and are still being charged, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID. If so, you might have subscribed directly with MiLB.com and not through iTunes. In this case, please contact MiLB.com directly to cancel your subscription.
Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription period, or turn off Automatic Renewal. Turn off Automatic Renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to cancel a subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
On your Mac
Open System Preferences > Apple ID
Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
Click your name, and select Account Info from the dropdown menu.
Enter your password again.
Click Media & Purchases.
To the right of Subscriptions, click Manage. If you don't see a subscription and are still being charged, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID. If so, you might have subscribed directly with MiLB.com and not through iTunes. In this case, please contact MiLB.com directly to cancel your subscription.
Choose the subscription you want to manage.
Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription period, or turn off Automatic Renewal. Turn off Automatic Renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period to cancel a subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
MiLB.COM WEBSITE PURCHASE AND CANCELLATION INFORMATION
New for 2023, MiLB.TV is now part of MLB At Bat, and users can purchase an At Bat subscription on MiLB.com. If you have purchased an At Bat subscription directly through the MiLB.com website (not through First Pitch in-app purchase from Apple iTunes), please review the information below. If you have completed your purchase through First Pitch in-app purchase, please see the above "Apple iTunes In-App Purchase and Cancellation Information" section.
Purchasing an At Bat Subscription
At Bat subscriptions are billed by MLB.com. All billing and refund inquiries should be directed to MLB Customer Service.
The At Bat subscription is valid for the entire 2023 season (including Postseason games). The purchase will auto-renew on or around March 1, 2024, at the prior year's regular full yearly price.
The At Bat monthly subscription is valid for one month and will automatically renew each month at the current year's regular full monthly price.
Cancelling an At Bat Subscription
Customers that have purchased MLB At Bat directly from the MiLB.com website and *not* through iTunes may cancel their subscription or cancel auto-renewal of the subscription by contacting Customer Service online or by calling 866-244-2291. Users also can cancel within the "Manage Subscriptions" section of their MLB.com Account Profile.
Refund Policy for At Bat Purchases
Refund requests will be honored for At Bat Yearly subscriptions made within 5 days of your first subscription purchase date within a Minor League season. There is a limit of one refund per person on a given subscription purchase within any given Minor League season.
At Bat Monthly subscriptions are non-refundable after purchase, but can be cancelled prior to the next billing period.
Navigation and Usage
Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch provides you with detailed pitch information including type, speed and location, as well as a list of each play as it happens. It can be accessed from the Team tab.
- Navigate to a Team page.
- Tap on "Gameday" in the live scoreboard to open Gameday Pitch-by-Pitch.
From the Favorite Team, Scores, News, Videos, Standings and More Tabs
- Tap the "TV" icon in the upper-left of the screen (Scores, News, Standings, More tabs) or in the upper right of the screen (Favorite Team tab).
- Tap on the Minor League game you would like to watch.
- If you are not signed into your MiLB.com account, you will be given the option to sign in with your MiLB.com credentials.
- Once signed in, the app will detect your location via IP address to see if blackout or other restrictions apply.
- The stream will begin once access is verified.
- If you do not have an active subscription, you can purchase in-app by clicking on a game to watch and following the instructions. You can also sync this credential with your MiLB.com account to watch on your desktop and laptop.
Note: You may experience blackout restrictions when attempting to watch Lehigh Valley IronPigs games within their home markets.
MiLB "Settings" can be accessed by tapping on the "More" tab and then tapping on "Settings" in the upper right.
- The "Favorite Teams" section will allow you to initially set or modify your preferences. You can choose favorite team(s) by affiliate or class.
- The First Pitch app can deliver push notifications to your device during the season, if enabled. See the "Subscribing to Push Notifications" section for additional information on subscribing and managing your push notifications.
- The MiLB.com Account setting allows a user to log in with their MiLB.com credentials. Returning MiLB.TV, MLB At Bat or MLB.TV subscribers will enter their MiLB.com credentials to enable viewing of live and archived Minor League content on the app.
SUBSCRIBING TO PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
During initial launch, if a Favorite Team is selected, you will be prompted to choose which notifications you would like to enable.
First Pitch app users can choose from MiLB News and Team Game notifications (Game Start, Game End, Score Change).
Ensure notifications are enabled at the operating system level (Required)
- From the device home screen, tap on "Settings."
- Tap on "Notification Center."
- Scroll down and tap on First Pitch app.
Configure notifications to your preference
Set the alert style to "Banners" or "Alerts".
Banners will appear across the top of your device screen and quickly disappear; alerts will overlay the screen and require an acknowledgement.
Enabling "Sounds" will play a sound when a notification is received.
"Show in Notification Center" will display notifications when viewing your notification center by swiping down from the top of your screen; you can also configure how many notifications you would like to see.
"Show on Lock Screen" will allow you to view notifications from the device lock screen and notification center.
Configuring Push Notifications in the First Pitch app
- Tap on the "More" tab
- Tap "Settings" in the top-right corner
- Tap on "Notifications"
- Ensure "Allow Notifications" toggle is set to "On"
- The "MiLB News" option will include league-wide alerts, news and highlights. To receive these notifications, ensure toggle is set to "On"
- To receive Game Start, Score Change and Game End notifications for your favorite teams, ensure toggle is set to "On" next to the team's name.
VIEWING TEAM INFORMATION
To view a specific team's schedule, news, standings, roster and website information, you will want to access its Team Page. You can also configure a favorite team or teams, which will create an additional tab for quick access to this information.
Setting a Favorite Team
- Tap on the "More" tab.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right.
- Tap on "Favorite Teams."
- Tap on the "Affiliate" option or a "Class."
- Tap on a team or teams, then hit "Next."
- The top-most team will appear on the "Favorite Team" tab. Teams can be ordered by tapping on the "tri-bar" icon on the right (three horizontal lines) and dragging up and down.
- Tap "Save" when finished.
Viewing Other Team Pages
- From your favorite team's Team Page, tap on your favorite team's logo/name at the top.
- Select among your list of favorite teams, search for a specific team or select another team by MLB affiliate or MiLB class level.
FIND NEWS/VIDEO BY CLASS/TEAM
To view news or videos for a team, go to that team's page and tap on the "News" or "Video" button. News and videos can be filtered by an individual team by tapping on the team logo in the top center of the section and selecting a team by MLB affiliate or MiLB class.
***ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE LATEST DEVICE OPERATING SYSTEM AND MiLB FIRST PITCH VERSION PRIOR TO TROUBLESHOOTING***
If you are experiencing difficulty with the MiLB First Pitch app, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to your Apple device home screen.
- Double tap on the home button to open the application tray.
- Swipe up on all of the open applications to close them out.
- Tap the home button or on the screen to close the application tray.
- Press and hold the power button at the top of the device and the physical home button simultaneously. Continue holding these buttons until the screen goes black and then an Apple logo appears.
- The device may take a few minutes to return to the Apple device home screen.
- Once the device returns to the home screen, please try launching the application again.
If you still experience issues after following the above steps, please switch your connectivity from cellular to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to cellular. While Wi-Fi connections are typically an improvement over cellular, that is not always the case. Please understand that "bar" indicators on devices indicate the strength of a signal, but not network congestion or integrity, which can impact application performance. For personal Wi-Fi connections, we recommend restarting your internet modem and router in the event a network conflict is occurring even if other devices are working properly.
In addition to the troubleshooting information below, please review the "General Troubleshooting" section as it may contain steps to correct the behavior that you are experiencing.
MiLB live and archived content is subject to blackout restrictions and relies on location data provided by the MiLB First Pitch application for verification. The following factors may affect successful blackout verification.
- Location services are not enabled on the device.
- GPS satellites are not visible due to being indoors/away from windows.
- A cellular data or Wi-Fi hotspot, satellite, hotel or corporate/VPN internet connection is being used.
- You are attempting to access while traveling in motion (plane, train or automobile).
Please follow the steps below to ensure your location settings are enabled on the device:
- From the Apple device home screen, tap "Settings."
- Tap "Privacy."
- Tap "Location Services."
- Ensure location services are "On" at the device level.
- Scroll down to the application and ensure location services are enabled for the application.
- Return to the main menu and choose "General."
- Tap "Reset" from the list.
- Tap "Reset Location & Privacy" and confirm.
- Navigate to your Apple device home screen and please try launching the application again.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I forgot my password. What should I do?
- Tap on the "More" tab
- Tap on "Settings" in the upper right
- Tap on "Log in to MiLB.com Account" and tap "Forgot Password." Enter your MiLB.com account email and we will send a new password to that address.
How do I log out of MiLB?
- Tap on the "More" tab
- Tap on "Settings" in the upper right
- Tap "Sign Out" at the bottom of the screen
MiLB.com Customer Service
If you have any questions or require troubleshooting assistance while watching MiLB games, please contact Customer Service online or call us toll-free at 866-244-2291.
If you have questions regarding your At Bat or MLB.TV subscription, please contact MLB Customer Service.